Day Finishing Supervisor Wanted
Tuesday, March 30, 2021
March 30, 2021
DAY FINISHING SUPERVISOR – Dufflet Pastries - Toronto
Have a passion for food and baking? Want to be a part of a dynamic, award-winning dessert company? Dufflet Pastries a well-known and highly respected company is currently seeking a Day Finishing Supervisor.
Reporting directly to the Production Manager, your responsibilities will be to:
* Maintain a clean, safe and secure work environment for all employees, as per the Ontario Health & Safety Act, ensuring food safety and product quality
* Manage day-to-day operations of the Day Finishing department, including scheduling, recipe preparation from scratch, assembling, finishing and decorating, and boxing
* Manage production input and output to maximize quality and reduce loss
* Count, record and manage rotation of inventory of raw, work-in-progress and finished goods
* Ensure all product orders are produced on time to Dufflet’s highest quality standards
* Keep Production Manager well informed about day to day activities on the shift (i.e. new employee progress, product issues, shortages, breakage, employee interaction, work flow, etc.).
* Report employee disputes on shift and documentation of these issues; assist in resolving issues with Production Manager; take corrective measures with employees and enforce policies and procedures
* Maintain accurate production records
* Build a competent team by meeting with employees and communicating performance expectations; monitoring and appraising performance
* Participate in hiring process of bakery employees
* Training in production techniques, as well as health and safety
* Identify improvement opportunities to increase productivity
* Work with other supervisors in a cohesive and professional manner
* Minimum 5 years experience in baking pastry and desserts, preferably with Red Seal
* Certified training in cake decorating
* Must have employee supervision and scheduling experience
* Experience with both artisanal and automated processes/manufacturing
* Working knowledge of equipment and understanding of formulation and troubleshooting of recipes
* Strong command of the English language to effectively communicate verbally and written format
* Basic math skills
* Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills
* Working knowledge of HACCP and GMP required; BRC would be an asset
* Ability to define problems, collect data and draw meaningful conclusions
* Ability to organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks with attention to details
* Strong MS Office skills (Word and Excel), Outlook and MRP systems
Location: the company is located in the Islington and QEW area.
Hours: 6:00am to 3:30pm. However, applicants must be flexible to adjust to the seasonality and variability of work schedules typical of our industry; overtime may be required weekdays and weekends.
Interested candidates may forward their resume and pay expectations to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for applying; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.